Thanks to these sponsors for their support of the
Current Issue | Archives | Advertising | Submissions |
Online Organic Classifieds
Submit content to the Organic Broadcaster
Tthe Organic Broadcaster accepts submissions of stories that focus on production practices or news of interest to readers. Please contact the Editor for a Writer's Guide before submitting a story.
The Organic Broadcaster offers farmer-focused, current news and information about organic production and the organic community.
A leading organic farming publication, the Organic Broadcaster’s circulation exceeds 9,500 direct-mailed households. In addition, all Broadcaster issues are posted on this website. Each current issue receives an average of 1,100 hits. Past issues are archived here, offering access well beyond the publication's shelf life. The newspaper primarily serves readers in the Midwest, although its circulation often extends beyond those borders.
Emphasis is on organic production, marketing and ideas that farmers can use directly in their operations. The newspaper also runs information about public policy and political activity relating to organic agriculture. The Organic Broadcaster features details about MOSES' activities and projects, too.
Many readers are organic farmers. The rest are processors, certifiers or connected to organic farming in another way. All are committed to organic practices--they do not need to be convinced of the need for organic agriculture. They appreciate information that is specific enough to provide models for their own activities.
General Content Considerations
- Stories can focus on any type of organic production, including row crops, livestock, fruits and permaculture. They should be factual, checked for accuracy and include references when appropriate.
- Stories should be original and not be published elsewhere prior to publication in the Broadcaster.
- Stories should offer the reader tips and information of value, and not be blatantly self-promoting of goods or services.
- Language should not be inflammatory, derogatory, crude or in any way hurtful to readers or a segment of readers.
- Topics should be discussed in advance with the Editor by email or phone (715-778-5775).